Aeropress Brew Guide
The Aeropress essentially created a new brewing category that falls somewhere between immersion and pour over. It’s consistent, easy to use and compact - so it’s great for travel.
WHAT YOU’LL NEEDAeropress
Paper Aeropress filter
Kettle & Filtered water
Cup or Decanter
Fresh KoKo coffee
- Bring filtered water to the boil. Thoroughly rinse Aeropress paper filter to get rid of any paper flavour.
- Weigh out 18 grams of whole bean coffee. Grind the coffee so that it’s slightly coarser than sand and add it to the Aeropress chamber.
- Place Aeropress and cup on scales and tare.
- Pull filtered water off the boil and wait till it cools to 97° (about 45-60 secs).
- Start your timer and add 270ml of water into the Aeropress until it reaches near the top. Gently stir coffee.
- Attach lid and let that baby brew.
- After 2:30 minutes, remove plunger and stir for 5 seconds. Replace the plunger and slowly push down for 20 seconds, until you hear a hissing sound. Brewing time 3:00 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
There should be moderate resistance when you push down the plunger. If it's hard to push down, it’s likely your grind is too fine, and if it's very easy, it’s likely your grind is too coarse.