bonaVITA Immersion Dripper Brewing Guide
The bonaVITA Porcelain Immersion Dripper produces the bold, full-bodied coffee you'd get from a French Press with the control and clarity of pour over coffee. It's a great way to upgrade your coffee brewing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
bonaVITA Porcelain Immersion Dripper
Filtropa #4 filter paper
Kettle & Filtered water
Cup or Decanter
Fresh KoKo coffee
- Bring filtered water to the boil. Thoroughly wet paper filter to get rid of any paper flavour. Open valve (On) over sink or vessel to discard water.
- Weigh out 24 grams of whole bean coffee. Grind the coffee so that it’s slightly coarser than sand and add it to the filter.
- Place bonaVITA over cup and place both on scales. Tare.
- Pull filtered water off the boil and wait till it cools to 97° (about 45-60 secs).
- Double check to make sure valve at the bottom is closed (Off).
- Start your timer and Gently saturate the entire coffee bed with 50ml of water.
- After this 30 second pre-infusion, begin pouring with a full stream. Pour up to 400ml as quickly as possible to begin full extraction. Gently stir.
- Attach lid to retain heat and let that baby brew.
- After 2:30 minutes (including pre-infusion time) gently stir the brew for about 5 seconds, ensuring you incorporate the coffee at the bottom of the dripper (being careful not to break the filter paper).
- Open the valve and wait for the coffee to drain.
- Serve and enjoy!
As your coffee cools, it’s flavours and nuances will become more apparent.