French Press Brew Guide
Classic by design and full-bodied by nature, the French Press or Plunger is easy to brew, very consistent and super reliable.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Bodum French Press (4 cup)
Kettle & Filtered water
Fresh KoKo coffee
- Bring filtered water to the boil and wait till it cools to 97° (about 45-60 secs).
- Warm up your French Press by rinsing it with very hot water to maintain temperature while brewing.
- Weigh out 38 grams of whole bean coffee. Grind the coffee so that it’s about as coarse as breadcrumbs then add it to the press.
- Place your French Press on scales and tare.
- Start your timer then add 300ml of water to the Press making sure to saturate all the grounds.
- After 1 minute, break the crust with your stirring device and give it a good stir.
- Add a further 300ml of water to the Press and place the top on without pressing the plunger down. Let that baby brew.
- At 4:00 minutes firmly press the plunger all the way down.
- Let all the fines settle to the bottom of the French Press for a minute or so, serve, and enjoy!
For larger of smaller Presses, the brewing ratio is 60-65g ground coffee per 1L filtered water.
To make cleaning easier, pull the plunger up a little so it’s not resting on the ground coffee.